Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Welcome to our site

Unless you have been living under a rock for the last 12 months, you know that California is going through its worst period of unemployment in the last seventy years (12.5% according to the San Francisco Chronicle on 11/20/09). I,myself was laid off five times in a span of two years before I decided to go back to school and finish my degree. Now that I am graduating and about to enter the job market again, I am going to have to use all of the tricks and lessons that I developed over the last 20 years in the business world to find employment. And I, along with my cohorts, want to pass our collective knowledge on to you to find your own job. Think about it, I got laid off five times, but that means I was able to immediately find a job four times in the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression.

By creating this blog, we are looking to give you sensible advice that will help you on your job search. Now, more than ever, you need to go that extra mile in order to make an impression with the people who are hiring and make them want to hire you. We're not saying that you are immediately going to get a job if you follow our rules, but your chances should improve exponentially.

Starting soon, we are going to give you advice on where to look for a job, how to compose a resume and cover letter, what to do before your interview, including how to dress and how to research the company you are interviewing with, how to act during your interview and following up with them after you meet.

We welcome all feedback and hope that you not only ask questions, but fell free to post any advice that you may have to offer as well. We hope to establish a community that will be there for each other as a network and also to be each others biggest fans as we all seek employment and financial security.

So let's get started and let's get to work.......

No comments:

Post a Comment